Thursday, April 16, 2015

Russian Interviews w/R-Sport

The Russians all gave interviews to Maria Vorobyova, of R-Sport, after their respective qualifications today.
Ksenia Afanasyeva:

“It was scary,” said Afanasyeva, laughing, in conversation with journalists. “For me, it’s true, it was very scary. When I went out on floor, I was downright shaking. While I was doing floor exercise I felt that I had so much adrenaline that it was a little bit difficult to control myself. But on vault I was already calmer. I was shaking a little, but by then it wasn’t affecting my work.
At the moment I can’t say whether or not I have returned from a prolonged pause. When the finals are done it will be possible to take a breather. Although in general, it seems to me that the competition is going by calmly. In the first group there was almost no crowd. The judging – if I’m honest, the judging is strict, but maybe that’s good. We’ll see what happens in the final.”


No comments:

Post a Comment