Monday, August 4, 2014

Виктория Комова: "Вернулась ради Олимпиады в Рио.

"Victoria Komova: "I came back for the Olympics in Rio"

Two-time silver medalist at the 2012 Olympic Victoria Komova made it clear that it is ready to perform at the World Cup this year. The tournament will be held from 3 to 12 October in Nanning China. Athlete due to injury missed the 2014 World Cup and European Championships, 2013 and 2014. 

We are happy Komova  is looking forward to Rio. Hope she will be able to competes at worlds.

“ My operation was on April 30th in Germany.  After returning to Moscow, I immediately came to the gym, began to swing on bars, and to prepare myself for work.  Now, my work is well underway. However, I only began work on the beam yesterday - before that, it was impossible. I'm a little bit worried about the ankle, but it's nothing compared to what it was. I am very glad that I can train.

- I will participate in the Russia Cup, but only on bars; the other apparatus are not ready - I was only able to begin tumbling yesterday.  For Worlds, the rule is that you have to do at least two pieces to qualify to the team.  If I can prepare a beam routine, I will go.  But if I don't have time I will simply train to recover all four pieces, and won't go to China.  I am hoping for the best - I have never been to China.


- I would like to go to Rio and accomplish some more of my goals.  I'm pleased with my silver medal from London. I hope to compete all around in Rio - this is what I have prepared for from childhood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment