Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Romania' Sandra Izbasa "Taking a Break"



Izbasa of Romania has endured much in the sport of Gymnastics, plus  two Olympic cycles and a devastating Achilles tendon  tear in 2009.
Izbasa will be remembered as the 2008 Olympic Floor Champion and 2012 Olympic Vault Champion. She collected  seven World and Olympic medals. 

Now we Hear that Sandra Izbasa has chosen to walk away from gymnastics. " (Pentru Sandra Izbaşa ieri a fost prima zi în care nu s-a mai gîndit la gimnastică: "Nu regret nimic!" )



Whether or not Izbasa makes a “ come back “ gymnastics, she will be in our memory  as one of the greatest Romanian gymnasts  like Nadia.. 


In her Fb, Izbasa commented -. It appears "break" is the key word. In a comment on her Fb on October 14, she wrote,
"I can't say goodbye to gymnastics, because I have realized that gymnastics is everything to me.
I'm not excluding a comeback but for now I need a break"

We will miss her how long, I wonder ………..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment